About Meriden CT
Meriden is a community of 60,838 residents knit together by award winning schools and spirited civic, service and cultural groups and activities. Our City includes 24 square miles with well preserved geological features, over 3,000 acres of municipally owned park space and 74 different recreational areas. We are located at the “Crossroads of Connecticut” and conveniently located just two hours from New York City and Boston.
The city is home to diversified tax base that includes 1,300 businesses employing over 25,000 people. Key employers include the MidState Medical Center, Meriden Westfield Mall, Middlesex Community College-Meriden Center, and businesses ranging from manufacturing to medical to retail. Meriden-based manufacturing firms produce a diversified product line which includes electronic components, biopharmaceuticals, industrial equipment, metal alloys, and video/data transmission equipment. Meriden has several business incentive programs and an active Chamber of Commerce that can help you and your business Make It in Our Meriden. Today, collaborative efforts are also underway and more than $100 million for downtown redevelopment projects is being invested. Significant projects include the $14 million Hub park and flood control project, a $30 million mixed use development at 24 Colony Street, and a $20 million transit center that is part of the $467 New Haven Hartford Springfield rail program.
The City of Meriden Economic Development Department works to sustain and grow the tax base, provide jobs, and create economic activity across numerous sectors within our community. Our team is committed to:
- Pursuing and implementing critical infrastructure improvements that are necessary to support and sustain economic growth.
- Collaborating with private, public and non-profit organizations that create jobs and economic activity in Meriden.
- Support and champion community leaders who work to make Meriden an attractive and economically viable place to live, work and recreate.
- Engaging in long-term planning while at the same time recognizing the short-term needs of Meriden business owners, residents and workers.
- Increasing investment in Meriden’s inner city, attracting businesses to Meriden across numerous economic sectors, and retaining existing businesses that have invested in our community.
There are countless ways our staff and programs can assist you and your business. Please stop by and visit us at City Hall, located at 142 East Main Street in downtown Meriden. Information on the City of Meriden Economic Development programs is available at www.meridenbiz.com and www.meriden2020.com.
Thank you for considering Meriden, CT for your business location and expansion. We look forward to working with you!