Manufacturing Innovation Fund Voucher Program (MVP)
In 2014, the Connecticut Legislature passed PA 14-98 approving a $30 million Connecticut Manufacturing Innovation Fund to be administered by the Department of Economic and Community Development (DECD) along with the advice and counsel of an 11 member advisory board. The Fund is targeting financial assistance to support the growth, innovation and progress of Connecticut's advanced manufacturing sector. It will assist manufacturers with equipment, research and development, and training.
- encourages company/university research efforts;
- creates a voucher program to assist with business development and technical needs;
- provides funding for access to training and educational programs that help develop the required workforce skills;
- provides matching funds for federal grants; and
- helps attract new manufacturers to the state.
- Create a center for manufacturing innovation excellence
- Help manufacturers adapt innovative processes, technologies, and materials, creating value-added products/services that transform the business
- Strengthen the supply chain network
- Assist supply chain companies to gain more work from Original Equipment Manufacturers in domestic and global markets; ensure they are equipped to meet expected demand increases
- Ensure continuous workforce development
- With education/training partners, continue to assure Connecticut has a productive, flexible, and well-trained labor pool with competitive skills
How to Apply
Apply Online › Or contact Ben Arsenault at the State of CT, phone 860-270-8143