Incentives for Companies Outside Meriden Enterprise Zone - Urban Jobs Program
Manufacturing and warehousing/distribution companies located outside of the Enterprise Zone boundaries may still qualify for the same benefits as those locating to the Enterprise Zone through the State of CT Urban Jobs Program.
To confirm if your project qualifies, contact the Economic Development Department or fill out the application form below.
- Questionnaire to Determine Eligibility for Urban Jobs Incentive Program
- Manufacturing Facility Declaration form (required for manufacturing facility and property tax exemption)
Eligible manufacturing & warehousing / distribution companies located outside of the Enterprise Zone may qualify for:
- An 80% tax abatement for 5 years on the increased real property taxes resulting from new construction or expanded space. For companies that wish to lease the space, you must lease it for 5 years with an option to purchase or renew the lease for 5 more years. The landlord must pass any tax abatement to you in your lease.
- An 80% real property tax abatement for 5 years on the existing real estate taxes of a qualified vacant building. If you move into a vacant building/space, the entire tax burden could be eligible for the incentive.
- An 80% personal property tax abatement for 5 years on any personal property new to Meriden's grand list.
- A 25% or a 50% credit on the state corporate business tax of the eligible business.