11 Crown Street
11 Crown Street is a City-owned downtown property and building slated for redevelopment. The City has been awarded $1.7 in CT DECD Cleanup funds to begin the redevelopment project, which includes pre-development demolition and site cleanup.
In 2016, the City of Meriden selected Manafort Brothers, Inc. of New Britain CT to complete the demolition and remediation project. The total contract is $1.36 million. Overseeing the project is Licensed Environmental Professional Tighe & Bond.
Following demolition and site remediation, the City intends to transfer the site to the Michaels Organization to develop a mixed use, mixed income transit oriented development including 81 housing units. Financing for the development project is pending. Information on the mixed use development project can be found here: http://www.meriden2020.com/Downtown-Redevelopment/11-Crown-Street/
Documents related to the cleanup of 11 Crown St:
- DECD Municipal Cleanup Grant Application 2015
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessment
- Phase II Environmental Site Assessment
- Phase III Environmental Site Assessment
- Hazardous Building Materials Investigation report
- Remedial Action Plan
- Environmental conditions assessment form (ECAF)
- Abandoned Brownfield Cleanup (ABC) liability relief application
- ABC approval